This documentation is designed to help instructors set up Perusall as a graded reading assignment on Canvas. The Perusall course site will be generated from the Canvas site, so please begin by navigating to your Canvas course.
1. In your Canvas course, navigate to the “Assignments” page.
2. On the Assignments page, click on “Assignment” to add a new assignment.
3. Name the assignment (e.g.: Perusall Reading + name of the file).
4. Provide instructions, and set up the Points and Assignment Group.
5. Scroll down to “Submission Type” to choose “External Tool,” then click “Find.”
6. Locate and select “Perusall,” then click “Select.”
7. Check the box “Load this Tool in a New Tab.” This must be selected or you will not be able to access the course Perusall site.
8. At the bottom of the assignment options, click “Save & Publish.”
9. The assignment page will now appear. Click the button that says “Load Perusall in a New Window” to be redirected to your course Perusall site.
11. Once you’ve been directed to the Perusall course site, you’re ready to start Adding Documents to Perusall for your students to read.