This documentation is designed to help instructors set up Perusall as a non-graded reading activity on your Canvas site. The Perusall course site will be generated from the Canvas site, so please begin by navigating to your Canvas course.
- Click the “Modules” tab, then the “+” tab to add a new item.
- From the drop-down menu, select “External Tool.”
- Scroll down to find and select “Perusall.”
- Name the page (e.g.: Perusall Reading +name of the file).
- Check “ Load in a new tab.”
Students will not be able to access the reading if this is not selected.
- Click on “Add Item” to finish.
- Be sure that both the item and it’s module have been “Published.” Even if the module has been, students will not be able to access an “Unpublished” item.
- The Perusall page will now appear. Click the button that says “Load Perusall in a New Window” to be redirected to your Perusall course site.
10. Once you’ve been directed to the Perusall course site, you’re ready to start Adding Documents to Perusall for your students to read.