The first step is to download the latest iClicker software. Since the software runs out of a folder, it doesn’t need to be installed and can even run off a thumb drive.
- Download the latest iClicker software for Mac or PC
- If you are on a PC, skip to step 3. ***Please note that if you are on a Mac, you will not be able to open the software in the folder where it unzips. After you unzip the downloaded file, create an iClicker folder on your desktop and drag the iClicker software icon into that folder (see Figure 1).
- Double-click to open and Run the Installer. The installation will finish by displaying a Registration screen which you should complete. As you begin to type ‘Boston’, a list will appear. Click Boston College when it appears and click Register. Once this is done, Quit iClicker.
To integrate iClicker responses with the Canvas Gradebook, you have these final steps:
- Download the LMS Wizard file.
- Click the LMS Wizard.zip file that downloads and it will open a folder.
- Drag the LMS_Wizard.xml into the Resources folder that is inside your iClicker folder.
The screenshot below shows a properly configured iClicker folder that is ready to integrate with Canvas.