What is Perusall?
Perusall is a collaborative annotation tool that turns solitary reading assignments into collective learning activities. Perusall allows instructors to digitally assign readings to students, who then collaboratively engage with texts through annotation and commentary.
How Does it Work?
Benefits of Perusall
- Fosters collaborative and thoughtful course engagement via annotation and commentary
- Provides a space for students to share questions, reflections, ideas, and connections with each other and with the instructor
- Offers an alternate mode of contributing to class discourse
- Ensures that students come to class prepared and having thoroughly read the material
- Allows instructor to structure lecture and discussion more efficiently around students’ prior engagement with the reading
- Includes auto-scoring feature for instructors who wish to incorporate into participation grade