Creating & Responding to Comments
An instructor can add questions and/or comments in the same way as students. To annotate the document
- Highlight a section of text. (Conversations that the instructor begins will be highlighted in blue, while student-commenced conversations are highlighted in yellow.)
- The “Current Conversation” page will appear, providing space for you to write your comment or question.
- The “Current Conversation” menu also allows a student or instructor to:
a. Insert a mathematical formula
b. Insert an image
c. Include a URL link
d. Insert a table
e. Post your comment as anonymous
- After a comment has been submitted, a reader is also able to
f. Copy the comment thread to the clipboard
g. Flag inappropriate comments
h. Delete a comment
- Students or the instructor respond directly to another’s comment by clicking on the existing highlighted texts or referring to another by using the @ + name formula.
Viewing Students Comments
Perusall allows the instructor to view student activity in a variety of ways, all by accessing the “All Comments” button on the top of the document page.
- All comments for a given document.
- By a specific student.
- By a specific group.
- Only comments which contain questions.