If you will be using Poll Everywhere in one of your courses, you will be able to respond to your instructor’s polls using the Poll Everywhere app on your mobile device, by going to www.pollev.com on a web browser, or by downloading the Poll Everywhere Participate app. You can take a look at this resource on responding to questions, which walks through how to respond to different kinds of activities and includes links to the apps.
If you have already used Poll Everywhere before, you can login using the “Sign in with Google” button and enter your BC Google username and password. Please note: If you are not logged in when you respond to polls, your instructor will not be able to give you credit for your responses.
Logging into Poll Everywhere for the First Time
If you have never used Poll Everywhere before, you will need to set up your account in order to access it the first time. To do so, follow the process outlined below.
You will need to go through a process of resetting your password and then connecting your Poll Everywhere account to your BC email, which will allow you to log in with your BC email address and password. After you complete this process once, you can sign in to Poll Everywhere through Google account.
1. Go to www.pollev.com
2. Click “Log in” on the menu to the left of the page.
3. Click on “Forgot your password.” Enter your BC email address. You will see a message saying “You will receive an email shortly with a link and instructions to reset your password.”
4. Go to your BC email inbox and open the email titled “Poll Everywhere Password Reset.”
5. Follow the link in that email, which will take you a page that will ask you to type and confirm a new password. Then select “Save password and sign in.” You can then close the page it takes you to.
6. To connect your Poll Everywhere account with your BC email (which will allow you to use your BC email address password when you sign into Poll Everywhere, return to www.pollev.com and sign out by selecting “Settings” on the left of the page and then “Logout.”
7. Select “Log in” and click the “Sign in with Google” button.
8. You will be asked to confirm the connection to your Google account by entering your Poll Everywhere password and then selecting “Log in and connect to Google.”
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact email@example.com.