Your course will be using Poll Everywhere, an application that allows you to respond to questions using mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets or laptops, or by texting. The instructions below will help you get started.
Creating an account
- Click on the link in the email you received with these instructions.
- Fill out form that appears. If you already have an account in Poll Everywhere, you will not need to do this, and can move ahead to 3, below.
- Enter the email address based on your BC username (firstname.lastname@example.org opposed to email@example.com).
- We recommend entering a different password from the one that normally accompanies your BC username, for security reasons.
- You will see a confirmation screen, with a place to enter a phone number if you want to respond to questions through texting (type it in click Update). You will need to add your phone number to receive credit for your answers.
Using Poll Everywhere in Class
To get started using Poll Everywhere on your mobile device:
Download the app for iPhone or iPad from the iTunes Store
Download the app for Android from GooglePlay
Answering questions in class
When your instructor starts a poll, open the app on your mobile device, or a web page on your browser. Login using the credentials you created with your account (look for the Login button in the upper right corner), then enter the web address projected on the screen (your app may remember it if you’ve used it before). Please note: if you go to the web address and answer questions without logging in, you will not be able to receive credit for your answers.
For more information, see the Poll Everywhere Student FAQs.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.