Logging Into Poll Everywhere For the First Time
If you have never used Poll Everywhere before, and your instructor has integrated Poll Everywhere with your Canvas course, a Poll Everywhere account has been created for you. (If, instead, your instructor has asked you to join Poll Everywhere by emailing you a link, you can follow the instructions provided after clicking on that link rather than the process outlined below.)
In order to access Poll Everywhere, you will need to go through a process of resetting your password and then connecting your Poll Everywhere account to your BC email, which will allow you to log in with your BC email address and password. You only need to go through these steps once. Once you have done this, you can follow the instructions below, in the “Preparing to Use Poll Everywhere in Class” section.
1. Go to www.pollev.com
2. Click “Log in” on the menu to the left of the page.
3. Click on “Forgot your password.” Enter your BC email address. You will see a message saying “You will receive an email shortly with a link and instructions to reset your password.”
4. Go to your BC email inbox and open the email titled “Poll Everywhere Password Reset.”
5. Follow the link in that email, which will take you a page that will ask you to type and confirm a new password. Then select “Save password and sign in.” You can then close the page it takes you to.
6. To connect your Poll Everywhere account with your BC email (which will allow you to use your BC email address password when you sign into Poll Everywhere, return to www.pollev.com and sign out by selecting “Settings” on the left of the page and then “Logout.”
7. Select “Log in” and click the “Sign in with Google” button.
8. You will be asked to confirm the connection to your Google account by entering your Poll Everywhere password and then selecting “Log in and connect to Google.”
Preparing to Use Poll Everywhere in Class
If you have followed the instructions above, or have already used Poll Everywhere in another class, you can respond live (during class) to polls that your instructor has created using a device with an internet connection.
1. You can respond to your instructor’s polls using the PollEverywhere app on your mobile device, by going to www.pollev.com on a web browser, or by downloading the Poll Everywhere Participant app for MacOS.
Download the app for iPhone or iPad from the App Store
Download the Android app from Google Play
2. Login using “Sign in with Google” and enter your BC Google username and password. You should always use this method to sign in.
If you are not logged in when you respond to polls, your instructor will not be able to give you credit for your responses.
Responding to Polls in Class
Enter the presentation URL that your instructor is displaying, in order to participate in the poll.
For more information, see the Poll Everywhere Student Guide.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact email@example.com.