- Ensure that the Syllabus is correct, up-to-date, and visible. This can include sharing your syllabus to the Syllabus Search program, or linking to the file on your Canvas homepage. Please note: the Files area is not accessible to students by default; to change this, see the guide to modify your course menu and navigation bar.
- Email email@example.com to update your display name if the name you go by does not match your name on official campus records.
- Request activation as needed: Lecture Capture, Course Reserves.
- Check your recommended Course Settings.
- Check your Notification Preferences to ensure your contact information is current.
- Add individuals associated with the course (TAs, Designers, Librarians, etc.). Verify that the correct users were added through the People tab. (Add People directions) (User Roles Defined)
- Publish your course. Once a course site is published, students enrolled in the course will be granted access within 24 hours.
Review the Course-Launch Checklist