This process involves two stages: copying the recording into the folder for the Spring course, and making a link from the Spring course module that points to the copy in the Spring folder.
Copying a Recording
- Enter your Canvas site and click the Panopto Recordings link in the left side menu.
- Click the arrow icon in the far right corner to go out to the main Panopto settings.
- The recordings will appear in the order in which they were recorded. Look for the one you need to share, and click the checkbox next to it (or click the box at the top of the list to copy them all).
- Click Copy in the row of buttons at the top of the list.
- In the window that opens, type in the course where you want to add the copied recording, starting with the semester and then the course number in this format:
Fall 2017 – XXXX####
The course should appear right underneath so you can select it.
- When the green Copy button appears in the upper right corner, click on it and a progress bar will show the recording being copied into the folder. When it is done, click the X in the upper right corner.
- You can confirm the recording has been copied by checking the Panopto Recordings area in the Spring site. When it first appears there may be a message saying it is processing, and it will only be available to students after this is done.
Make a link to the new copy
After the recording has processed, roll over the title to reveal a menu and select Share. When the Share window opens, highlight the web address that appears in the box toward the top, right click (or Control click on a Mac) and select Copy, then click the X in the upper right corner of the Share window to close it.
Navigate to the Module where the recording should appear, and add it as a link.